Billing & Insurance
We file insurance claims for professional services provided at our office locations. We allow sixty (60) days for payment of these services. If you anticipate payment problems, please contact our Billing Department at (864) 451-5095. Self pay, co-payment, and co-insurance payments for all office services will be expected when service is provided. For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Our paid office bill may be used as a claim form, which you may forward to your insurance company for reimbursement under the terms of your policy. You may also use our patient portal to pay your bill.
Hospital and/or Outpatient Procedures
We file insurance claims for professional services provided at the hospitals or the Greenville Endoscopy Center. We allow sixty (60) days for payment for these services. If you anticipate payment problems, please contact our Billing Department at (864) 451-5095.
Medicare and Managed Care Health Plans
We are participating providers with Medicare and several managed care insurance plans, and we follow the rules set forth by those plans. You are responsible for all deductibles and co-payments for your plan at the time of service. Please check with your insurance carrier to confirm that we are "in network".
Pre-Certification for Procedures and Admissions
Please determine prior to your visit if your insurance company requires pre-certification for your visit, hospital admission or procedure. Your insurance company may not pay for your bill if the service is not pre-certified. We do not guarantee your insurance benefits. Routine or preventative services may be non-covered services. You are responsible for the bill once service is rendered. Communicate with us to ensure payment by your insurance company.
Gastroenterology Associates, PA accepts the following insurance plans:
- AETNA, AETNA EPO, AETNA POS, AETNA MC, AETNA ASA Signature, AETNA Medicare Advantage Plans
- AARP/United Healthcare Medicare Advantage
- Blue Choice Blue Option Exchange
- Blue Choice Health Plan, Blue Advantage, Carolina Advantage
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (PPC/PPO/POS)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield State and Federal Health Plan
- Blue Essentials Exchange
- Beech Street/Capp Care
- Cigna Health Spring Medicare
- Choice Care/Humana
- Community Health Partners (CHP)
- Employers Health Network (EHN)
- Humana, Humana Choice Care, Humana Medicare Advantage Plan, Humana Gold/HMO, Human Gold/PPO
- Mail Handlers/GEHA
- Medicare, Traditional (We accept some Medicare Advantage plans.)
- Rail Road Medicare and Medicare Samba
- Planned Administrators (PAI)
- Primsa Tier One (Primsa Healthcare & Bob Jones)
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS) (We do not accept discount plans.)
- Tricare and Tricare for Life (we do not accept Tricare Prime)
- United Healthcare (UMR and Golden Rule)
- United Healthcare AARP HMO Medicare Advantage Plan
- VA Administration (ONLY with a Prior Authorization)
- Wellcare Medicare Advantage Plan